Milano stumble fixed, but ignition key sticking

Greetings,

A few weeks ago I posted an inquiry as to how to fix a stumble on our
Platinum. I also called the local Alfa club tech advisor. The combination of
the two fixed it (the vacuum advance line was off the distributor and I
cleaned the grounds on the passenger side bank valve cover).

Now, however, a new malady. I believe this has only just started happening,
and is progressively getting worse. Which is a good thing (troubleshooting
intermitted problems is tough; the bad getting worse type is much easier
IMO). Most of the time, the ignition key comes out, but the sensor thinks it
is still in there. So the little buzzer goes off. Then, trying to put the
key in, you meet resistance.

Although an '87, it only has 72K miles on it. So the switch has not been
used too much. Any ideas? Can I blast it with compressed air then juice it
with WD40?

Also, a few years ago Jack Haggerty gave me a little fix-it for GTV outer
door handles. Two weekends ago I used it on the passenger door handle and it
works beautifully. Thanks Jack!

I realize why I don't read the digest too much anymore. Alfa lust. Man,
could I use two more (a Gulia TI Super and a spider?).

As for the affordable Alfa thread, there are always 145's and 146's. I drove
a 145 in Italy for a week with a 1800cc in-line 4 and it went like snot. Fun
car.

Let me know about those 75/Milano ignition locks.

Regards,
Peter
SF Bay Area
'69 GTV