RE: Koni VS Bilstein

Chip Mutza wrote:
<<The Konis are $115/ea from IAP and the Bilsteins are
$98/ea. Are they cheaper other places?>>

The cheapest place I've found for shocks is RD Enterprises in San Diego
(http://www.shox.com).  I've ordered several sets over the years and have
always received excellent service and great prices.

Regarding red vs. yellow Konis (a.k.a. Sports), I think the rough ride
reputation of the latter is based more on misconception than reality.  I've
run both the reds and yellows on my cars and in my experience the yellows
ride just fine on the street and work well with performance springs.
According to Koni the yellows are only 15% stiffer than the reds, which
hardly qualifies them as butt busters.

Since I haven't run both types on my GTV, I won't definitively say that the
yellows "work" better with my Centerline springs, but I will say that the
ride is not at all objectionable and that I am very happy with them.  In
fact, a couple of other Digesters have driven my Alfa and both have remarked
favorably on the ride/handling compromise.

- -John
Seattle, WA
'69 GTV (Koni yellows)
'86 944 turbo (Koni yellows)