Vintage racing

     Thanks to all who replied to my posting asking for opininos about how
     to get started in vintage racing (buy vs build).  I wrote up a long
     posting with a summary of the responses I got back.  For some reason
     it didn't get posted, maybe because it's too long.  Contact me offline
     if you would like a copy.

     Bottom line summary:  research the racing organizations and the
     classes they race, and their regulations.  Decide what you want to
     race.  Then buy a well-prepared car, or one that needs only minor
     well-defined work done to it.  Building a car can take years and many
     thousands of dollars.  And don't worry about the guys at the front of
     the pack, who have been doing it a long time, have a lot more money to
     spend, or both.

     Doug Bender