V-6 flywheels.

Although I am not completely clear on all of the difference in the v-6
flywheels I do have some information to offer. When I rebuilt my motor to
replace the flywheel whose internal bushing was worn in my 3.0 I had a 2.5
gtv-6 flywheel all ready to be installed and then guess what, it did not
fit.  The 2.5 flywheel has an extra ridge on the motor side and it won't
mate to a 3.0 liter milano block!  Also,  a call to APE made me realize
that a 2.5 flywheel is much lighter than the 3.0 and even if you remove
the extra lip and install it on the 3.0 it will vibrate like crazy. They
must have tried at one time or another.  I decided to then repair my 3.0
flywheel at the machine shop and reuse it since calls around to the
various parts suppliers did not want to part with their precious 3.0
flywheels which would then make their used blocks hard to sell.  A curious
sidenot is that we installed a 164L 3.0 motor into a 2.5 milano and the
2.5 flywheel worked just fine without modification! It also did not
vibrate after installation. This is where I get confused. Hope this helps
the gentlmeman that originally posted this question.  I guess as long as
the flywheel goes from a 2.5 to another 2.5 and it fits it will be
alright.

Sandro Marcantonio
editor, La Veloce Vita
Alfa Romeo Club of Colorado