RE: Front pulley torque value

Bruce

This may offend purists but here's a method I have used several times with
complete success....
Remove the plate that covers the lower part of flywheel (Its attached to
lower bell housing).  Now you see the starter ring teeth.  The correct way
to do this is use a lock that engages the starter teeth but............a
sturdy screwdriver blade wedged between teeth & flat portion of lower engine
block will work (you may bend screwdriver blade a bit).  Get under the car &
you'll see which side to 'lock-up'.  Good luck Bruce ...email me off digest
if you want more info.

Ralph
Houston, TX