164 Brakes

The braking ability on my '91 164L is totally unsatisfactory--almost
dangerous. Trying for a really quick stop requires huge brakepedal
pressure, and fails to lock up wheels or trigger the ABS--no wheel noise
whatever, and a LOOOOOOONG distance to stop from speed. My '74 Spider
stops in 1/3rd the distance with much less pedal pressure.

New rotors about 10000 miles ago--new pads about 100 miles ago (and the
brakes weren't noticeably better before the new pads)

Where do I look---test---adjust or kick???

Regards,
Alan G. Lambert___________________________________<gerard@domain.elided>
           *******Los Altos, California (office)*******