Re: Modifying Alfas

>Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 11:33:22 EST
>From: Lgowin@domain.elided
>Subject: Re:Modifying Alfas

>I'm happy with my Alfas stock, except for the lack of a cup-holder (just
>kidding. I think the cupholder thread usually follows the do/don't modify
>your Alfa)

>Lawrence Gowin
>71 GTV - 2 litre, lightened flywheel, Webered, and currently having a new
>suspension installed, Red Konis and Centerline springs all around
>87 Milano - Red Konis, Centerline springs, and S cams

I have a friend who is an architect and does a lot of business in the Pacific
Northwest. He found
an article in a newspaper about cars and cupholders (actually 'rated' car
cupholders). The article
was somewhat related to the fact that gourmet coffee is so popular in that area of
the country (to the
point that you can get espresso drinks at feedstores, or so he tells me!). Guess
what one of the
cars in the 'cupholder rating' article was ? (the reason he sent the article to me).
The Alfa 164,
and of course it failed miserably because it did not have a cupholder! And the moron
that wrote
the article was amazed that a car from the motherland of cappucino had no cupholder,
I was forced
to remind my friend who sent me the article that the car was made to be driven, not
to be tooled
around in drinking coffee, talking on the phone, putting on makeup !!!!! (about to
start ranting about
American drivers...I guess I'd better go take my medicine !    ;-)

David

'91 164 Base
'89 Spider Veloce