Re: About new car when no new Alfa available

> Here in the Land o' da Secure and the Home of the Discrete ... ;) ... the
> closest thing in handling feel I've driven to the 156 is the VW Passat or
> Audi A6. They're not as nice, the teutonic starkness doesn't do the same
> things for me that the Alfa does, but they have a lively, sporting feel
> to them that I feel the BMWs and Bobos and anything GM just misses.

At the risk of proposing a car that isn't available in the US either: how
about a 406? I had a 306 for a year, which had terific handling, and was
thinking of getting a 406, and would have bought it too if the 156 would not
have been here.

As for the Omega, doesn't Saab use the same platform? I believe they've put
a lot of effort in improving the handling, so it might be a better choice
then Opel. My only experience with Opel was the (old) Astra which I had for
three weeks, you had to fill it up if there was less then 10 L in it,
because the engine would splutter in the corners.