Re: alfa-digest V7 #604

I guess with a GTV6 Callaway Twin Turbo you could say I weigh in on the
modifications side. My car has Shankle springs and sway bars (with Bilsteins
which work great!), is lowered considerably, Ronal wheels, Momo steering
wheel, and is getting a Stebro exhaust soon. I was going to add the Sperry
Stage 3 head work but found out from Callaway and my mechanic not to do so
with the turbos.

The statements that Alfa made the cars to perform is somewhat misleading as
they actually made a chassis and transaxle capable of handling 300hp but then
stopped short on the power. They also made compromises in the suspension to
make sure not to offend those that like a more gentle ride.

In the end you have to live with the car you build. There a modifications
aplenty available, but be carefull about mix and match because the end result
can be disappointing. I really don't care if other people look at my car and
say what a shame he changed it, as long as I like the result. In bang for the
buck driving (particularily when corners appear) the Alfa can not be beat.

But then again maybe I am just a bastard at heart cause now I want a
roundtail (or call it a boattail or duetto I really don't care) with a 2L in
it. To each his own.

I also apprechiate seeing the non modified cars, particularily if the owner
has taken pride in maintaining it, I just don't want to own one.

Brian Beckham