Re: 195/60 14 or 185/65 14 for '74 spider

Both of those sizes have a lower payload rating than the stock
185/70-14s. On the original 5.5" wide wheels of a '74 car, I would fit
195/65 tires unless you stick with the stock 185/70 size. If you went to
the 6" rims, then 205/60s are another option.

I put Michelin XGT4s in 185/70 size on my Spider last time I did tires,
using the 5.5" Turbina rims. They ride well, brake well, but do not have
a very responsive sporting feel to them. Once I have the resurrected
FrankenSpider on the road, it will have the 6x14" 5-spoke rims. After my
bank account recovers a bit from the Resurrection expense, I'll be
looking for the right set of more-performance oriented tires to fit to
it. There seem to be Yokohamas and Bridgestones that look interesting in
the two sizes I mention above.

Godfrey