Re: Milano breaks & oil & LSD

Just a quick question: Is it normal, that the break pedal is so stiff on the
morning cold starts for the first minute or so (1.6 IE, no ABS, no SERVO, no AC,
just an Alfa ;-)?

It feels like no servo, than suddenly start to work. And it is really unpleasant
to drive if you don't know how hard do you have to hit the break pedal to
stop...

Ant the other thing is the oil burn: how much is normal for a 1.6 IE an 2.0 TS
engine? Mine 1.6 does a liter per 1000 km (which seems pretty bad...), my
fathers 2.0 TS burns 2 per 10000km. I used to get about 0.5l per 10000 km from
my ex (totalled) 33 1.3s.
I use AGIP 2000 10w40 oil. On one occasion I aided some other brand (I think it
was Valvoline ??) in my 33 as Agip wasn't available. What happened is very
interesting - 0.5 liter of oil which I added before a 800 km trip from Ljubljana
to Prague was gone in the end I poured the rest of oil in on return trip. It was
gone again when in Ljubljana. Then I went to buy Agip and filled it up and only
about 0.1l was gone until my service 2000 km afterwards. Seems like it just
burned the Valvoline out? :-|

And thank you all that helped me out with the LSD (for Limited Slip Differential
:-) question. Seems like almost all models with engines of the top of the range
had LSD, but the question is still on for 4x4 models.

Ciao

Matjaz