164 dash board: lights are on but nobody's home

Today I reinstalled my Kenwood CD player in my 91' 164L.  It had shaken lose
because the installation kit that was used wasn't designed for the inverse
Chrysler radio which is stock in this car.  When I put everything together I
was extremely surprised to see that all the instrumentation lights came on
but all of the gauges (tachometer, speedometer, oil pressure, alternator,
temperature or gas) where cold dead.  The head light, highbeam and turn
signal indicators illuminate but when I push the test button none of the
other lights illuminate.  My ABS light had been on before and it's also dead
(I'm pleased about that...)  In addition, the climate control instrument
panel lit up but was completely blank and unresponsive.  Another piece of
information; the instrument cluster in front of the steering wheel is lose.
That is to say I noticed that it can slide up if I push on it.

What's going on?!?!?  Is it a fuse? Is it a major short-circuit?

Thanks,
Keith$

Keith Christoffers
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
Department of Neurosciences
Medical Sciences Building, H-622
christkh@domain.elided