Re: tranny filling

In a message dated 3/31/99 1:55:04 PM Central Standard Time, owner-alfa-
digest@domain.elided writes:

> >How can I check the trans oil level on my spider without tilting
>   >it? The only way I would know how is by putting it on a lift, but
>   >I'm one of those cheapos who didn't feel like installing a lift
>   >in the garage.

Come on guys, this is all kind of silly.  Just jack it up (it doesn't really
matter, front, back, side), take out the plug and put in the lube of choice
until it runs out of the hole, put the plug back it.  Plus an ounce or minus
an ounce will make no difference whatsoever.  This is not an exercise in
quantitative titration.  BTW, I use Mobil 1 synthetic gear lube in my Alfetta
and it loves it.

Jerry in Houston