re: Speedo

	The speedo is electronic.  A black box inside the engine compartment
converts the cable rotations to electrical impulses which the speedo can
use.  The speedo on my '86 quit working and the odo continued to
function, just like yours.  Removed the instrument cluster from the car,
opened the back of the cluster, and found a bad solder joint inside.
Soldered it back together and all has been well ever since.  Hope that
yours is as easy to fix.

	Bruce