164 colors

In AD7-599 Jerry in Houston asks about 164 colors- " I don't know which 164
paint schemes were metallic.  Can someone help me out on this?  Was metallic
paint an option? on what colors?

European listed color options, probably most but not necessarily all available
here at one time or another, were:

Cold white (Bianco fredo)
Alfa blue (Bleu Alfa)
Black (Nero)
Metallic Light Blue (Bleu chiaro metallizzato)
Alfa red (Rosso Alfa)
Metallic mid-grey (Grigio medio metallizzato)
Metallic light grey (Grigio chiaro metallizzato)
Metallic green (Verde Mirto metallizzato)
Pearlescent Bordeaux red (Rosso Bordeaux metallescente
Metallic Dakar grey (Grigio Dakar metallizzato)
Metallic Genoa blue (Bleu Genoa metallizzato)

What color names mean is often a riverboat gamble. A 1991 US brochure lists
Onyx Black, Arctic White, Alfa Red, Mediterranean Blue, Midnight Jade Green,
Anthracite Gray, and Argento Silver. A 1992 brochure deletes the Anthracite
and adds Bordeaux and Mystic Black (a metallic) but lists four of the colors
(Argento Silver, Midnight Jade Green, Bordeaux, and Mystic Black) as not
available on the S or on the L with cloth interior.

What options and/or restrictions came with the later ones I can't say.

The Anthracite Grey (on my wife's car) is a lot lighter than what I would call
anthracite.

All of the colors except the white, black, and Alfa Red are metallics. All of
the colors except white and silver are darker than I would want in a hot
climate.

Hope this helps-

John H.
Raleigh N.C.