RE: Welding needed

Herik H Johansen" <two-h@domain.elided> wrote:

> Anybody in the San Francisco Bay Area, who can help me with a bit of
welding
> on my Spider. I broke one of the studs to hold the rear bumper, and I
don't
> think that the CHP likes that I drive around without it.

This happened on my '74 Spider -- the threaded portion at the end of the
bumper mounting "post" broke off.  Rather than reattaching the threaded
portion, I ended up carefully drilling & tapping the end of the post,
then bolted on the bumper with a nice grade-8 bolt (with blue locktite).
 No problems since then, and no need for welding.

If the entire stud is broken (not just the threaded portion), then you
might need that welder after all.