Spring cleaning GTV6-Milano oil pans

Recently,  I had to remove the lower section of the oil pan to check
on some rod bearings in the Sav-a-Lot GTV6.  It's surprising how much
particulate matter had become embedded on the lower pan itself, not on
the walls of the block, but just precipating down and residing on the
oil pan itself.  Makes sense.  So, by giving this area a quick clean
up, it seems the engine oil stays cleaner longer now.  I realize that
a lot of deposits are also sitting in the recesses of the cylinder
heads as well, but you might be surprised at what is sitting on the
oil pan and surprised again at what a easy job it is to remove and
clean up.  Naturally, this job would apply also to Alfa inline fours,
but I think the 164 has just a one piece pan, yes?

Ciao,  Jay