Milano ABS question

So this is what is happening. The first start of the day the caution lights
stay on a little longer than they should 10-15 seconds, then as soon as the
brake light goes out then the abs light immdiately goes out. If I turn the
car off then only the abs and only for two secs. While I'm driving the abs
light comes on and it used to go out but now it stays on. I went through
and dc'd and ac'd all the wheels, even went so far as to gap them so the ac
output was close. No luck, changed the fluid today, what the heck. If the
key is in run then it takes six pumps to get the motor to kick in, which is
good, I think. :-) Only once the abs light came on before I started to move
but it hasn't done that again, I have given it an opportunity to do so. As
a related question, is it fairly easy to get the brake fluid reseroir off?

Thanks,

Carson Damm
Ft. McMurray, Alberta
Canada