Re: Removing water pump

Davide

You don't need to take the crank pulley off to replace the water pump.
Double nut lower mounting studs for the water pump - you'll see which two
need to come off - then extract the studs. This will let the pump come off
without fouling the pulley.

Removing the crank pulley nut is one major hassle and totally unnecessary
for this relatively simple job which I have done more times than I care to
count, using my method first posted to this digest years ago.

Les in Wellington, NZ
with GTV that needs lower suspension ball joints replaced - job for the day
after Easter