Re: 164 pickup (ute in Australia)

>Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 00:20:11 +1000
>From: "Doug Gould" <dgould@domain.elided>
>Subject: 164 pickup (ute in Australia)
>
>For the amusement of US digesters the new car options are: (all ex stock)
>156 twin spark manual AUD$45,000
>156 twin spark auto (stick shift no clutch) AUD$55,000
>156 V6 auto (predictive shift) AUD $65,000
>We have the GTV and spider - but they won't fit my kids.

For even more amusement, the SECONDHAND prices for the 164s Doug is looking
at translate to US$22,600 and US$15,000 respectively going on an exchange
rate of approx AUS$1 = US$0.63
Makes the prices for secondhand Alfas in the US look mighty fine indeed.
- --
Nathan Wong             http://www.nectar.com.au/~alfacors
                      Alfa Romeo - Super Touring - Club Cars
AlfaCors@domain.elided       V8Supercars - Formula One - CART