Rotary in an Alfa

<< Guy Hamilton and I actually
 started informally surveying Alfa engine compartments for a
 model which might accommodate the depth requirements of the
 rotary. >>

I have had a Rotary and Mazda trany in my 74 Spider since 92.  The rotary fits
nicely in the Spiders engine bay, only a little cutting on the tunnel to make
the transmission fit.  I am currently working on mine. (body work) so the
engine is not in it right now.  I am also making a website on that very
subject.