Re: Duettos and V-12's...now that's a Veloce!

><WOW! You are a truly radical orthodox Duettista (or is it Duettisto ;-)
>That is the strictest definition I've ever seen for the cars...
>
>                + That's why it's "personal."           But more to the
>point, I offered a rationale for that personal tongue in cheek view.  What
>do you think of the rationale or does that not matter?  ( The factory
>dropped the Duetto name claim before the '67's production. )

To be honest, I've never studied the history in much detail. I went with
the common story that all 1600 roundtails w/ dual webers were "true"
Duettos. I've learned a lot here on the Digest and forgotten twice as much.

>>Does it make you ill or lower the value of your car or...?
>
>                 + Absolutely : the shakes,

Ereminas has a cure for that I think.

diarrhea, palpatations, angina,
>fever, jaundice, gout, burning urination, migrains, and worse - you don't
>want to know.  You could not imagine my state of health when I hear people
>call Chimpanzes monkeys even though they find it convenient and like the
>name.

But if they own the critter they can call it anything they want...914's and
Dino's come to mind. And then there are the poor bastards that own Alpines
but everyone insists on calling them Renault Alpines...

>>Three "fars" mean this subject is open to debate?!?!?! Alrighty!

 + Very very very quick of you, Michael, like the
>proverbial steel trap.  Snap!  Actually, one "far" might have done it; I
>was just making sure; some folks are insensitive to subtlety and nuance ;-)

Like me sometimes...I breezed right passed "personally" in your original
post...

>>Screw it. I'll keep calling mine a Duetto for
>convenience sake (and hell, I like the name too). More orthodox followers
>can correct me if they like.

>                 +  What do you mean by "more" orthodox or am I word
>quibbling again?  Just kidding, Michael.

Orthodoxer!? Yes, plain ol' Orthodox is correct.

Let's segue from "far" to "Favre"... It is pronounced the same, eh? I heard
someone use ALL the letters when introducing you at the ARA event this
weekend...

>Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 17:28:15 -0800
>From: Simon Favre <simon@domain.elided>
>Subject: Re: Frankenstein

>Are you sure the Nardi was a V-12? Alfa didn't make many V-12's. In current
>vintage racing tradition, the buyer probably plans to build a car around
>the engine. It's like certain vintage airplanes that were "restored" from
>little more than a set of plans and a shadow on the ground. There's also
>the standard saying about Monzas, "Ten were built, of which 24 survive..."

It was reported in the two Brit classic mags. Page 9 of March Classic and
Sports Car.

Sez... Pre-war...V12 racing engine stored for decades in the
cellar...Enrico Nardi acquired the engine from Enzo Ferrari and left it to
his daughter in 1966.

That must have been an interesting reading of the will... Sure good she
didn't make a 12 hole planter box out of it...

Michael Williams
Sacramento, California US of A
69 Duetto
84 GTV-6