More gratuitous Alfa advice- pile on the miles or weekend car??

Count me on the "drive it' side. I doubt that many well-maintained recent
Alfas will die of being just plumb wore out- compared to the number that go by
age-related material failures and/or unobtainable parts- NLA door keys,
delaminating headliners, belly-up $2,500 air-conditioning computers and the
like. The 164 is a lovely "executive express" machine, and keeping it supplied
with fresh oil, fresh tires every six or eight months, and daily monitoring of
any nuanced changes in condition would seem like ideal treatment for the car's
good life.

And there is the personal Quality of Life issue. An eight-hour workday,
bookended by a couple of hours in a mundane slug, versus a couple of hours of
sensual gratification- no contest. Dave said it well: "there is nothing more
satisfying than spending 3-4 hours each day with a great car like this one."
Why not live the most satisfying life you can live? You only go around once-

John