1968 Duetto?

In AD7-573 Brian Shorey writes "to add to the duetto/spider confusion, there's
an item on ebay (78788415) that looks to be an advertisement for a 1968 alfa
romeo duetto spider.  i'm assuming that if it was 1968 it's a 1750"

Fusi's production figures show 3 Giulia Spider Duettos built in 1968- and
since Fusi seems to be going by calendar years rather than model years
(building vast numbers of 2000s in 1971, for instance, and over 3,000 1750s in
1967) I assume that a fair number of the 2,958 Giulia Spider Duettos he lists
in 1967 would have been 1968 model year.

Apart from legal names and conventional names, there should logically be some
reasonably simple way to differentiate the 9,250 1600 Spiders of 1962-1965
from the 6,325 1600 Spiders of 1966-1968. We could call them the 101 1600s and
105 1600s, but "Giulia Spider" and "Duetto" seems reasonably simple, unless
osso di seppia rolls more trippingly off your tongue. The 1750 Spider could
not be confused with the original Giulia Spiders, so the Duetto name can
properly be left with the first generation roundtails with no problem until
you get to the Kamm-tail (which isn't, in my opinion) and may need to split
the coda rotonda from the coda tronca, or the osso di seppia from the osso
bucco.

fwiw,

John H.
Raleigh