fixing cracked plastic

  I'm way behind on my reading, so this may have been covered.  James
Murphy was looking for a way to fix a cracked brake fluid resevoir.  I
don't know if this will work for sure, but it's worth a try.
  Go to the local ski shop and get a stick of p-tex... it's a hard
plastic stick that comes in various colors. You light one end and as it
melts you drip it onto whatever surface you're filling.  P-tex sticks
are used to fill scratches in the bottom of skis and should work on a
fluid resevoir.  I wouldn't use it on anything under high pressure
though.
good luck
Bryan Carter
No. Va.