Re: alfa-digest V7 #571

In a message dated 3/21/99 9:53:05 AM Central Standard Time, owner-alfa-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<< "Evreniadis, Abe" <Abe.Evreniadis@domain.elided>
 Subject: Carello Head Light Covers Installation for 74 Spider

 Fellow Alfistis, I have a problem with the Carello Headlight covers??? I
 have managed to install them without the chrome rings- I can't seem to see
 where the chrome rings actually fit?  Why are the chrome rings split at some
 point?  Anyway, the head light cover is on but I am not sure what to do with
 the chrome rings --something is missing and could look better.  Any
 suggestions.

 Thanks in advance...

 Best Regards,

 Abe Evreniadis,MBA
 Senior Business Consultant, INTRIA
 Tel: 416-304-4209 Fax: 416-980-7948
 Cell: 416-566-4838
 Internet: Abe.Evreniadis@domain.elided

Abe,
	Did you move the headlight buckets to mount from behind?  That is, reach up
under the fender to mount them and removing the splash shield in front of the
tire makes this easier.  Your 74 should still have the three bolts on the
inner side of the fender to bolt the buckets to.  I had to make and weld tabs
into my 82 as the factory European mounting system had disappeared by 82.
	The split headlight trim rings cover the edges of the round hole which is
exposed by moving the headlight.  This makes alignment of the headlight beam
difficult at best and poorly aimed at worst.
Ciao,
Russ Neely
OKC