Re: 77 spider alternative seats

Too bad you're in the UK...you haven't got as many
'you-pull-it' auto salvage yards there (if any.) Were I
trying to handle the problem here, I'd measure the seat
mounting holes, and rough height requirements and hit the
salvage yard with tape-measure in hand.

You could measure the width of the rails and then focus on
used seats from a car make that's common to your area.
Depending on the rail design of the prospective seat,
installation might be as simple as drilling two new holes in
the replacement seat's rails. And don't overlook your
re-upholsterer as a possible resource...they might have
'spare' or unclaimed seats lying around that they might loan
to you whilst re-upholstering yours.

Were you in Florida I'd loan you my GTV6 parts car's
seats...they're in need of recovering, but would hold you in
a driving position. Chances are that they'd fit, too.

I've no idea if I've helped, but I tried.

- - Eric H., Clearwater, FL (feeling better...strepp throat
fading)