Re: Duettos

>In this book the author lists only the 1966-1967 spiders as duettos. I
have found the same
>thing in looking at the GT series. Is it that some people believe that
their
>GT's are in fact GTV's?  Am I completely stupid and missing some vital
>information? I just don't want to call a car a name it isn't supposed
to be
>called. Thanks for your help.

Alfa never really designated a name for the 1966-67 Spider, equipped
with the 1600 engine and carburetors.  The company held a contest to
name the car and although the name "Duetto" won, it never became
official due to some legal use of name issues.  Because of its rounded
shape, the car was often referred to as a boattail, roundtail, or "osso
di sepia", the Italian word for cuttlefish (which it resembles).

In 1968-69 (in the US), most of the cars were equipped with the larger
1750 engine and SPICA.  For some reason (I'm not sure why), those cars
are generally referred to as boattails and roundtails, but not Duettos.
Unfortunately, the later model cars are often erroniously referred to as
Duettos.

Robin
' 67 Duetto
' 92 Saab 900

Return on investment from A/D based on contribution to Welty Fund: 1000%
Employers' perceived loss of employee's productivity due to employee's
daily A/D readership: -10%
Actual increase in employee's productivity due to happiness effect from
said Alfa experience: 20%