Brake Fade/Cooling

I just had this discussion with someone off line a week ago. It seems that
rear brakes on the GTV6 are up out of the air flow on the car and so heat
build up is a problem. Two solutions that we had seen were
1) changing to the rotors that are not drilled, but essentially two surfaces
seperated by finned section. This allows air in between the surfaces and
increases the cooling (Zagato rotors I believe). The calipers require a spacer
to accommodate the wider rotor. Centerline may have the spacers for this??
2) A sheet metal duct that picks up air from under the car and routes it
directly onto the rotors also provides much extra cooling. The one drawback is
that in the rain it also picks up water and deposits it onto the rotors so the
duct would have to be blocked or removed in rain conditions.

I haven't personally tried either of these solutions, but I am considering the
rotors next time I need to chage the rears. I would only add the duct work if
I went racing, which I am not planning on, but who knows. And as for the cars
not overpowering the brakes, my Callaway can easily overpower its brakes.

Brian
1985 GTV6 Callaway Twin Turbo (presently getting its stage 3 heads installed).