Duettos?

Hello group. This may be a very silly question but please bear with me. I am
still trying to build my Alfa knowledge after parting (sweet sorrow) with my
P**sche. I am interested in adding a Duetto to my 91 spider. In this search I
have found many 1968-1970 spiders listed as Duetto's.  I purchased the book
"Essential Alfa Romeo, Giulia & Giulietta coupes & Spiders. In this book the
author lists only the 1966-1967 spiders as duettos. I have found the same
thing in looking at the GT series. Is it that some people believe that their
GT's are in fact GTV's?  Am I completely stupid and missing some vital
information? I just don't want to call a car a name it isn't supposed to be
called. Thanks for your help.

Todd