fade'n brakes

>>Sorry to say, neither cross drilled rotors or slotted rotors are
>>probably of any use on our Alfas.  The cars are not heavy or fast
>>enough for off gassing to be a real-world issue.  Before anyone >>gets
offended, another way to look at it is that the stock brake >>system is
more than capable for any situation we are likely to >>throw are cars
into, even on the track.

I faded my brakes last night with four people in it, slow'n a 164 from
100+ mph with over 700 pounds of human in it is a big task, when I was
getting around the 50 mph mark I was laying it on the pedal, and was not
doing too much, this also included down shifting through all the gears
to help. By the time I got to the stop I could smell the brakes, and
smell the fear of 3 terrified passengers, It fun to cruise at a twords a
stop sign at 100 and think out loud to your passengers "gee, I hope my
brakes work".