Re: cross drilled and slotted rotors

At 05:53 PM 3/17/99 -0500, Mark Jones wrote:
>Sorry to say, neither cross drilled rotors or slotted rotors are probably of
>any use on our Alfas.  The cars are not heavy or fast enough for off gassing
>to be a real-world issue.  Before anyone gets offended, another way to look
>at it is that the stock brake system is more than capable for any situation
>we are likely to throw are cars into, even on the track.

actually, while i got fairly comfortable with my more-or-less stock brakes on
the milano, i find that the brakes on my ITB Alfetta sedan are far from
adequately cooled; at Watkins Glen i can only go about 1/2 way through a
12 lap race before my fluid cooks, and this is with the _good_ racing fluid.
i expect that when i revive the car, i'll be going to a carbon pad with
ceramic
insulators between the friction material and the backing plate.

richard