re: cross drilled and slotted rotors

>Sorry to say, neither cross drilled rotors or slotted rotors are probably of
>any use on our Alfas.  The cars are not heavy or fast enough for off gassing
>to be a real-world issue.  Before anyone gets offended, another way to look
>at it is that the stock brake system is more than capable for any situation
>we are likely to throw are cars into, even on the track.

Well, perhaps it's my driving style, but I had big problems with brake fade
at both Willow Springs and Buttonwillow.  I suspect that one of the
problems was that the disks were getting so hot that the fluid would boil
(this happened often at Streets of Willow as well which is brutal on tyres
and brakes).  I also had problems with glazing of the disks and pads.  I
found a company in Canada that supplied a complete set of new disks which
they gas slotted for me and have had absolutely no brake problems since
(tested at Willow Springs last November).  I was really happy with the
quality of the work and they even rushed them down so I had them in time
for Laguna Seca last year.  The only slight problem is that the rear brakes
squeal sometimes - though I think that has to do with the crappy set of
ARicambi pads I installed for street use.  When I called KVR, I got the
feeling that the cross drilled drilled were sold more for the looks -
whereas the slotted disks were intended for competition...
If anyone is interested, the name of the company is KVR performance and
they have a web site at http://www.kvrperformance.com
.... no financial interest in KVR etc  (I wish!) .....
Cheers
Mike
1985 GTV6
Alfa Romeo GTV6 web site:  http://www.gtv6.org