RE: cross drilled and slotted rotors

> Sorry to say, neither cross drilled rotors or slotted rotors are probably
of
> any use on our Alfas.  The cars are not heavy or fast enough for off
gassing
> to be a real-world issue.  Before anyone gets offended, another way to
look
> at it is that the stock brake system is more than capable for any
situation
> we are likely to throw are cars into, even on the track.

if i use the brakes on my gtv6 too much on the track they will overheat in
the rear.  for example, at lime rock, more than one brake application per
lap (1:12) will result in overheated rear brakes.  The first time it
happened it warped the rotors.  the motor is stock, so it's not like i'm
going faster than i'm supposed to be going.

i don't believe that the rear brakes on a transaxle car, in stock form, are
sufficient.

fwiw,

bs