Alfetta heater cable clips,spec.ed register,rental car advice for alfisti

Greetings Alfisti!
      Been a busy week or two, so I haven't been able to post recently.Two
weeks of snowy days have driven my job hours through the roof!Lots of wrecks,
lots of car rentals.........
      Anyway,on Lazarus, my '79 Alfetta Velocissima (with A/C),the DPO had
taken the center dash apart for some reason (looks as though I might have a
new heater valve installed).I was attempting to put the trim panels back
together when I noted that the heater cables going to the dash levers did not
move the vents in the heater vent box.The cables move, but they seem to be
letting the dash levers move but not providing "pressure" to move the air box
levers themselves.Are these cables "clipped" to anything?The only possible
thing I see under the dash that they could be attached to is the lower part of
the heater control panel in some way;but see no obvious attach point.Could
someone shed some light on this subject so that I can put my dashboard back
together?
    Special edition register-Love the idea, count me in Allen and lets make
sure these cars are noted.Sure, these special edition Alfas are generally
"tape and stripe" editions;and most purists shun them to one degree or another
for that reason.But, they are Alfas,for better or worse,and deserve some
degree of respect.They were designed to generate excitement,interest and
sales.My Velocissima,saggy springs, crunchy second gear,tacky spoilers and all
still generates interest and turns heads where it goes.Interest=talk=new
Alfisti=another Alfa yanked from the crusher=a new generation of Alfisti for
the new century. (Getting off my soapbox for now......)
       Rental car terms/advice for Alfisti-For the gentleman in FL who had a
wrecked GTV6 and got stuffed into a Chevy Cavalier,and for all other Alfisti-
This is an example of insurance companies screwing the poor claimant nine ways
to Sunday.They took you......You should have received a much better car than a
cav...............
        ANYONE who has a wreck in an Alfa (that isn't your fault,you're called
the "claimant".If the wreck is your fault your'e known as the "Insured")should
be entitled to a rental car agency's PREMIUM or FULL SIZE class cars if they
are the claimant........An Alfa is considered in crash repair and estimating
guides,as well as insurance ratings as a brand like Mercedes or BMW.If a
claims adjuster tries to put you into a lesser car,he's increasing his bonus
for his own pocket.Furthermore, if
your'e the claimant, you should pay NO out of pocket expenses for this rental
other than the initial fuel charge and /or optional Physical Damage
Waivers.PDW's are a good idea for long term rentals.
      I've never known a claims adjuster that would not try and get a claimant
to pay for a rental car out of his own pocket, and then have the insurance
company reimburse you.(Top 5 companies that pull this stunt regularly-
Allstate, Integon, USAA,Geico,CNA)That is another trick they use;yell loudly
at the adjuster and they'll set up direct billing for the rental,as they're
required to.If your'e the claimant, remember that YOU were inconvenienced and
that your'e not a philanthropic society out to help insurance companies with
bottom line profits.
     I apologise for the longwindedness;and hope I've helped fellow
alfisti..If I can answer any questions email me.
 Thanks,
Terry Akins
Alexandria,VA
1987 Milano Gold-Alfie