[no subject]

On the fuse...

My GTV6 owner's manual shows 14 fuses as well. The 3rd from right (number 12) powers the "R.H. low
beam headlamp" and is rated for 8 amps. Further reading of fuse functions points to numbers 5, 7,
and 8 as being crucial to operations (5 = 'electronic injection'; 7 = ignition-on relay-pull power;
8 = 'electronic injection feeding.') None seem to be in the circuit for the starter solenoid.

I've had in the past intermittent starter problems stemming from improper charging due to dirty
battery contacts. The Bosch starters seem to last for quite a while and would be the last on my list
of suspects. The starting problem was so delicately balanced that I occasionally needed to push the
car forward in 4th gear to vent any cylinder in its compression stage...the car would fire right up
after this exercise -- it drove me nuts chasing down the problem!

Good luck to you all.

- - Eric H. (playing the part of the grumpy curmudgeon tonight...my youngest daughter gave me strepp
throat and I'm feeling like s***)
1983 GTV6 'Felicite'
1982 GTV6 'Parts Car' who will be seriously stripped this weekend