164L Power Seat Problem

Greetings,

My '93 164L with power leather seats has sudenly started having problems.
The driver side seat will recline, but when you push the button to make the
seat more upright nothing happens.  Has anyone experienced this electrical
gremlin in the past?  Any sugestions as to a non technical fix?  Thanks in
advance.

Trip Copeland
Atlanta GA

The seats in my 164Q did the same thing once, but the other way around
(would become more upright, but wouldn't recline - not very comfortable to
drive!) It righted itself after not very long. I think the switches are to
blame, I have had similar problems with the rarely-used rear windows. The
door switches won't always work, but the centre console switches do. Perhaps
just a clean and dismantle of the switches is all it needs. That, and
avoiding changing the seat position!

I have a similar problem with the electric boot release (trunk, in your
parlance!). This has developed the habit of releasing itself whilst driving
(is only supposed to activate with the handbrake on), and I spend more time
watching the rear wing in the rear-vision mirror than I do the road in
front...not very safe! Has anybody else experienced this? Is it an
electrical or mechanical problem? Any ideas muchly appreciated!

Jim Picot
1991 164Q
1979 Alfetta GTV
1966 Giulia Super