Re: alfa-digest V7 #562

Concerning brake lines, I was on a site that had some NHTS data and just
happened to notice at the bottom of the page that one of Earls Peformance
brake lines failed the test for some reason.  I also noticed that Castrol DOT
4 brake fluid failed the test.

I don't know what was involved in these Gorvernment Tests but I use Castrol
DOT 3 and Earls fittings and lines and haven't had any problems.

Those interested can find these reports by going to:
http://www.autobytel.com/newsletter.cfm?page=1
Click on "Crash Test Results"
Click on "Vehicle Crash Test Compliance Reports"
Click on "Compliance Status Report For August 1998 Data"
The blurb on Earls is at the bottom of the page.

Regards,

Frank Formeister

> Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 00:56:19 EST
>  From: AlfaNeely@domain.elided
>  Subject: Stainless
>
>  Howard,
>  	I got Stainless Steel brake lines for my 84 spider Race Car from Alfa
>  Ricambi.  They were made by Earls Performance Products (310) 609-1602.
Earl'
>  headquarters is in Long Beach Ca, but I could not find a web site.
>  WWW.Earls.com gets their Australian Distributor.
>  	Might be easier to just order them from Alfa Ricambi than to try and
figure
>  out what ends, etc., you need.  I think mine say not for street use, but I
>  figure if I am going to trust them on the race track they should be safe on
>  the street.
>  	For drilled rotors, have you considered Sears?  They sell nice drills.
8^)