turn signal mechanism

Fellow Alfisti's, I am wondering whether anyone has had problems with the
turn signal mechanism.  I have a 74 spider and my turn signal mechanism
seems to be acting up.  When you signal to go right - the turn arm doesn't
want to stay in position and returns back to its center position.  The left
turn signal -- arm moves downward seems to be in better shape in that the
arm rests down but doesn't want to stay when going right.  Anyone have any
suggestions, is my mechanism shot?  I always felt that the turn signal
mechanism was rather flimsy.  Can anyone add to this?

Best Regards,

Abe Evreniadis,MBA
Senior Business Consultant, INTRIA
Tel: 416-304-4209 Fax: 416-980-7948