Re: bust my nuts!

Hi there Fast-Spiderman! you wrote:

>'m assuming i need a nut splitter to remove it, but if anybody has any
>specific recommendations i'd like to hear them.  the nut is toast, i don't
>care about the stud, but i do care about the wheel.
>
>any hints?

Brian, I recently had to remove some mag wheels off a Berlina that someone
had kindly given me. The mags were held on with special locknuts and
...during the years that it languished under a sieve-cloth that was sold as
a "waterproof car cover" things had got a mite rusty. As well, the PO had
lost the special key that undid the nuts.

To the rescue - a method I have used often to budge stubborn nuts that I
may or may not want to re-use: Take a chisel and cut a radial notch or two
on the nut, deep enough that you can then sort of key the chisel into the
notch and just hammer away on the chisel to rotate the nut. Ecco... e finito.

Les  in Wellington, NZ
discovered on Sunday night what aquaplaning means!! sketchy!!  while
driving the Green GTV on 13 inch Gotti wheels and 205-60 road/race tyres
with shallow race-depth grooves!!