Adjustable Suspension

I have recently seen comments about 164-S and suspension problems. I own a
 1995 155. The model is the face lift model i.e. last in the series. I
purchased the car approximately 3 months ago. It has done 37000 miles. The
track rod ends needed replacing and there is some play in the steering
which at present I am not overly concerned about. However the nearside
suspension seems to "bang" when going over uneven surfaces (of which
there are many in the UK, due to the poor maintenance of roads by the
local authorities. That's another story.) I believe the suspension has
electronic damping. I wondered if people could expand on the problems with
the 164-S suspension as I would imagine the system is similar to mine.
Particularly what the problems and cures are, the weakness in the designs
and the expected lifetimes of the units etc.

thanks

Mark..