tires and wheels on Alfetta

I ran 14 x 6's on my Alfetta GT since I got the car many moons ago.  The tires
I managed to score were 205/60 x 14 Bridgestone RE71R.  I got them from the
tire guy when I was visiting Sears Point with a buddy of mine who vinatge
races a Giulia Spider.  The R at the end of the designation means that they
are race rubber.  I had near 15,000 miles on them (little more than 1/2 worn)
when I traded straight across for Ronal 15 x 7 telephone dial wheels.  These
have 205/50 x 15 Goodrich T/A tires.   The 205/60x14 are a bit shorter than
the 205/55x15, so I would expect more of a speedo error with those tires.  I
have heard of others using 195/65x14 tires to get a bit taller, so less of a
speedometer issue.

 I haven't had much chance to drive it since the new tires went on, due to
other fixes going on, but the car sits a bit higher now, and the wider wheels
have a bit more kick-back through the steering wheel.  Don't know about grip
yet.  I will be taking the car to a tire shop to have the wheels/tires
balanced, and a slow leak checked out.  I can give more of a report when I
have had a chance to "check out" the envelope on the new (to me) set up.

Suspension mods in the works:  GTV6 torsion bars in front with GTV6 springs in
the rear.  Maybe control some of the body lean.  Car is fairly neutral
otherwise.  I put Koni reds on shortly after I bought the car.  The front had
some unknown brand of gas charged shock in  front and VERY oily (wasted) OEM
in the rear.

Hope I've helped -

Jay Negrin
76 Alfetta GT - back on the road again