GTV6 side mirrors

The passenger side mirror on my 86 GTV6 isn't working. I have checked
the switch and it is OK.  When the joystick is moved up and down, a
solenoid-like clicking emanates from the mirror, but there is no
movement and nothing happens in the side to side mode.

Is there a connector in the door cavity to check? How do I get to it?
There is nothing in the GTV6 manual or CarDisc about removing interior
door panels and trim and I am loath to take a chance on ruining
something by forcing the issue.

Is it possible to get inside the mirror itself to check for problems or
does one just replace the entire assembly if that is where the problem
lies?

Tim Carrico

86 GTV6
84 GTV6