Crane XR 700 install.

I just finished installing the Crane ignition system.  This is a
universal sytem, not specific to Alfa, or Marelli in any way, so the
system should be avilable from many sources.  I paid $120.
System installs pretty easily if you follow the instructions carefully.
It did take quite a bit longer than the hour that thier web site claimed.
 But if they advertised as much time as it actually took me there would
have been no sale, so they did good to enhance the time claim.
The only problem I encountered is that I could not get the system to work
with the Marelli coil that was in my car.  the coil was wired with the
hot wire going to the terminal on the coil that had no marking.  the
terminal that was wired as the  negative side was marked with a + sign.
I tried it both ways, niether worked.  I switched coils and it works
great.  this is confusing to me as the stock ignition was working great
at the time of the switch.  The mail order parts house where I purchase
the system was no help in fixing this problem.

Kevin
Orem Utah
71 Spider

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]