clutch help

     Ralph asked:
     After Installing my newly rebuilt transmission along with a new
     pressure plate, disc and throw out bearing. I noticed that when I let
     out the clutch it grabs way to soon compared to the way it was. I
     clutch grabs almost instantly as I start to let the pedal out.

     Is there a way to adjust the clutch?  Did I screw up? Should I bleed
     the system out?  I did not disturb the Hydraulics I let the slave
     cylinder hang until I replaced everything.

     With a new clutch disc and plate, there should be LESS travel required
     to engage the clutch. I think this is what you are seeing. Check the
     level of the pedal, at rest it should be even with the brake pedal. If
     too low, it can be adjusted by a nut at the MC. the book gives a
     dimension to adjust it to. (Can't remember the value without the
     manual.) A bleed of the MC could help, make sure the bleed nipple is
     pointing "UP" when bleeding, or you'll never get the air out.
     Good luck,
     Len
     '82 Spider Veloce