Re: GTV Tire Suggestions?

>>It's time for tires for my '74 gtv.....     I'm thinking of Yoko AVSi's or
A008's in 195/60.  Opinions?
>>The only issue with the 195/60s is that they are about an inch smaller in
>>diameter than the original 165/78s.  I used to run with 185/60s, which worked
>>well, but look silly (too small) in the wheel wells.

>Yokohama AVS tires are great for auto-x and street use [don't know how long
>they will last though].195-60 are a little too short for the street-gearing
>& ride height. I used them for 1 year, then bought 195-65's-same grip &
>width,better gearing ,height, & fill wheel wells.

I replaced the well aged 185/65 that mine had when I bought it with 195/60,
and am happy with the size for street usage. The wheel wells don't look
empty, but then the car is slightly lowered.  195/65 are closer to the
rolling radius of standard 165/78 (were they 78 or 82 profile??) or 185/70,
but when I was looking there didn't seem to be as wide a range of good
performance/reasonable cost tyres available in the higher profile. But if
you can find a tyre you like, why not. FWIW mine are Falken ZE-502, I'm
generally happy with them but then anything would have been better than what
was on the car....

Mark Battley
Auckland, New Zealand.

1974 Alfa Romeo 2000 GT Veloce

Alfa Romeo 105 series Bertone Coupe home page and register at:
      http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/1806/105GTV.HTML