Milano gearshift rattle

dave,

in case you haven't already heard (which i kinda doubt), you have a loose
nut/bolt/sleeve assembly on the bottom of your gearshift, where it attaches to
the 1st linkage arm.  get under the (properly supported) car, remove the heat
shield hiding this, remove the rubber boot protecting this ass'y - if it's still
there/still intact, and titen the nut/bolt that connects the two parts.  i found
that if i pull the bolt out 1st, & liberally apply grease in its sleeve, it
seems to go longer w/o vibrating between titenings.  prolly the grease keeps it
from rattling, even if a li'l loose.  i guess eventually, the nut could fall off
rendering yourself w/a shiftless car, if never titened, but i've gone 6 months
w/my gtwe6 rattling its shifter (before the a/d helped *me* solve it!) - i think
it only needs to be a hair loose to start making noises, that's why i used the
grease the last time i titened it up.  easy job.

ciao for now,

doug s.