RE: pulling steering wheel

> Could you please tell me step-by-step how to pull the wood steering
> wheel off a 73 GT Veloce? I lifted off the center cap and saw two wires
> there and stopped.  Please tell me what special tools, if any, are
> needed to do the job without damaging that beautiful wheel.
> Thanks-Samantha E.

bend down the lock tab, remove the nut, then thread the proper wheel puller
and apply pressure.  a light rap with a mallet with the wheel under pressure
helps.

someone asked in an earlier post about using wheel pullers other than the
alfa tool - they work, but not nearly as well as the alfa tool.

someone else asked about a listing of alfa tools and their possible
replacements.  there is an alfa publication that lists all the alfa tools
and their uses - it's very useful, and would be nice to have on-line.

fwiw,

bs