Series 1 1750 GTV headlights (and electronic ignition for)

As it gets darker here in the mornings and my slowly failing eyesight has
trouble with my equally slowly failing GTV headlights, I've decided its
about time to do something about the inner and outer headlights of my series
1 1750 GTV. The reflectors on 2 of the lights are far from what they should
be (ie. corrosion, rust etc). Apart from the original Carellos, which over
here (Australia) seem to be an extraordinary price (A$163 and $125 for outer
and inner respectively - and thats from a 4 Y.O catalogue!), does anybody
know what other brands (Hella, Bosch etc) and part no. are interchangeable
or can be adapted so that the rims etc can still be used?

On another related note, I've been told that the outer headlights are
different to a series 2? Is this because the outers go off when you go to
high beam on a Series 1?

Also for those people who may remember, I was asking about electronic
ignition systems a few weeks ago. I finally bit the bullet and bought a
complete Bosch system (ie coil, distributor and module - actually a modified
system used on Fords and Holdens here in Australia) for the 1750. Talk about
chalk and cheese. All those idling problems that I used to think were carbi
related (although I suspected the ignition) have totally disappeared. Car
starts instantly (less than 1 rev?),even after standing a week. It idles
rock steady on 750 RPM all the time, even in 35C+ weather, more torque lower
down, mid range is about the same but top end is a lot smoother. Anyone with
an older kettering ignition or even a points triggered EI (ie using the
original dizzy and weights) as I had previously, should try it.

Warren Reid
Melbourne Australia
68 S1 1750 GTV
86 Spider Veloce