re:CKD

I have some german data on production numbers of Alfa's and I came
across
this abbreviation: CKD.

Let me give you an example to clear out the context:

	Modell			Serie	Stuckzahl
- - --------------------------------------------------
1963	Giulia TI		105.14	25673
	Giulia Rechtslenker	105.09	301
	Giulia TI C.K.D.	105.14	1650
	Giulia TI Super		105.16	178

Ok, it doesnt mean right steering wheel, nor the faster TI Super, but
what does it mean?

I've understood it to mean "Completely Knocked Down" meaning all components
are imported into a country for assembly in that country.

Quentin
85GTV6
((Gran Tourismo (sp?) Veloce 6?) rapidly eating money, would jump at a
$20,000 offer purely for the chance to buy several at a realistic value)